Abah,
I saw you
But you said nothing
Only offering me a smile
My arms wrapped around your broad figure
with the biggest smile on my face
chanting ‘I miss you’ over and over again
I saw you
But you said nothing
Only offering me a smile
My arms wrapped around your broad figure
with the biggest smile on my face
chanting ‘I miss you’ over and over again
Then I woke up crying
I saw you again
You gave me your smile
But never your word
only to disappear again
and I woke up, yearning for you even more
Again, I saw you
with the biggest and brightest smile
but all I could do was stare
then you went away
I woke up shattered
I saw you
and I knew now
it was all a dream
I cried and for once
I hoped to never wake up
so you would stay
and I could hold you again
But you never did
and my bleeding heart woke me up
- aa, 31st July ‘24, 10:48pm
